ADVOCACY & LITIGATION STRATEGY AND PLANNING SKILLS MASTERCLASS
This course is suitable for new lawyers, (corpers and young lawyers alike) as well as law students, who want a better understanding of how and why things have to be done. Taking participants through winning strategies from the Rules of Court.
We provide an overview of Litigation Skills designed to provide participants with a good basic understanding of the litigation process and increase their ability to assist clients.
This course will focus on the planning that a litigator must do throughout the life of a case in developing strategies for the conduct of the litigation.
- Taking instructions from your client
- Pre action steps, correspondence, negotiations and offers
- Offers to settle and payments into court
- Starting proceedings and the choice of court
- Case management and how it works
- Preparing Courtroom Processes
- The Essentials of Procedure and Jurisdiction
- Procedural steps and applications
- Preparing for trial and trial procedure
Using worked examples throughout, this highly practical intermediate level course will examine the day-to-day issues facing civil litigators. In particular the emphasis is on tactical thinking and preparation for Court-based remedies and solutions so that delegates may learn how to lead and direct the outcome of contested hearings.